Wednesday 27 July 2016

The Best Is Yet To Come

If anybody asks me what my best painting is, I will always answer that I haven't painted it yet. I hope and believe that I'm being truthful when I say that, but until I stop painting for ever, I will always be trying to be a better artist. Every time I paint a picture, I have the opportunity to learn from my mistakes. Maybe it will be a while before I know how to correct those mistakes, but eventually I will. I am never happy with my paintings when I finish them. I always feel that I could have done a better job. However, after a while I accept them and am satisfied that they are ok.  Perhaps I'm too critical of my own work, but an artist does have to try to be self critical if they ever want to improve. I also feel that I haven't quite achieved the style I want to paint with. I am now at the point where I have painted fourteen paintings this year and if I'm not in full swing now I never will be. Looking at those paintings, I don't think they look too bad at all. It would be nice to sell one or two though. Anyway, I shall continue painting and continue trying to be better. It's really quite exciting to hold onto that thought that my best work lies in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment