Monday 3 June 2013

Mixed Bag

Sometimes I worry that my interest in different types of art and styles of painting, might frighten away the very people that I'm trying to attract. I don't know who sees my new work every time I upload something. Occasionally, I put out two or three flower photographs in succession. Maybe a new twitter follower will see them and say to themselves "I'm not interested in this sort of thing, I thought I followed an artist". It could be that I upload ten abstract photos in a row. I do try to mix things up a little, to avoid putting anyone off. Even the subjects of my paintings can vary a lot. I don't normally paint flowers, but my last painting was of sunflowers. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be getting many votes in the contest that I painted it for. Personally, I was quite pleased with it. I wanted to get away from all the Van Gogh type paintings. I think I did that, but it obviously wasn't popular. I don't care because as I have said before, I paint what I like and hope others will like it too. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't worry if you don't like one of my uploads because the next one or the one after might be your 'cup of tea'. Be prepared for a 'mixed bag' and if you visit my website any time, you will see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment