Tuesday 7 May 2013

Attracting An Audience

I seem to spend nearly all my time lately, trying to build up an audience for my website, blog and facebook page, as well as trying to get more followers on Twitter. I would much rather be producing new work but it's a chicken and egg thing. The hardest thing is getting likes on facebook. If I write a post with a link to my website, people click 'like' on the post, but don't click the link and then like. A more direct approach is to enter my work in competitions. This works well for individual pieces of work, but it doesn't get people to look at my other work. I do have a very varied selection of work, so if I put out a link to a flower photograph, my audience for that photo might think that's all I do and totally miss my abstract work or watercolour landscapes or whatever. Anyway, if you have time, please have a browse on my website or if not maybe next time you view one of my images, click previous, next or view all. You might be pleasantly surprised. http://1-martin-howard.artistwebsites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment