Friday 17 May 2013

Reproduction Quality

A big problem was brought to my attention this week when I sold the first print of my latest watercolour "She's A Rainbow" Apparently, the image which I had uploaded to my website, was not of the highest quality. You couldn't see from the on-screen image that there was anything wrong, but in any case, I uploaded a new and much better image and made every effort to get as close to the original painting as possible. This also gave me the option of selling my painting in larger sizes. That's great, a little added bonus, although I do try not to go too much bigger than the original painting. While I was changing this image, I looked at some  of my other paintings. Some of them I am really proud of and I look at them and think, "did I really paint that?". When I get that feeling, I know I've done something good. I don't get that same feeling when I view them online however. I have decided that I need to go through all my paintings and re- upload them all. I want my audience to get the same excitement from my paintings as I do. In the next  few weeks , I will be going through each painting and trying to get the absolute best image  I can, uploaded onto my website. I'm sure that all of my paintings will then be available at larger sizes. I'm not worried about anyone seeing the same image twice and thinking "oh no, no another repeat". Most people only ever view one or two paintings at a time, so even though they are older paintings, I don't think many people will have seen them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment