Thursday 2 May 2013

New Work

Yesterday, I finally managed to produce a new watercolour painting - my first for nearly eight years! I was wandering about like a headless chicken before I started it. It's hard to just pick up where you left off, after so long. Not only that, but many of my tubes of paint had dried out. I still managed to produce something though. I just hope others like it too. It's an abstract which isn't my normal cup of tea. I like it anyway. The thing now, is to continue painting. My whole life, I have had periods where I have painted several paintings and then just stopped for long periods. My first big batch was 1989, then 2005 and now hopefully 2013. I don't know why this is. It could be a lack of time, subject matter or inspiration. I just don't know the answer but it probably helps, not to run out of ideas for pictures. On that note, if anyone has a photo(s) that they think would make a good painting, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment