Monday 20 May 2013

Lost Artwork Turns Up

Something that's been worrying me a lot lately, is the apparent disappearance of my paintings that I did in England. When I moved to Sweden, I shipped all of my things here too, to my fiancée's parent's house. All my art equipment, paint and paintings were carefully packaged in one box. At some point, I had taken a couple of paintings, paints and brushes from the box. That was several years ago. When I began uploading my work onto my website, obviously I wanted to include my old work, but I couldn't remember where the box was. I asked my fiancée's dad for the box and he said he didn't have it. I searched every room at home without success. As the weeks went by, I became more and more anxious, especially as my fiancée's mother hates my guts. I didn't trust her with my things any more. At the weekend, my fiancée's dad came over. I was outside, photographing artwork. I asked him again if he had found the box. He said no and left. About ten minutes later he pulled up in his car again. he said he had the box. What a relief! I've already uploaded a couple of versions of a Jimi Hendrix painting and a one of a horse and dray outside a brewery. I can't wait to put the rest out. I'll only put the best ones on the website and maybe the rest can go on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment