Friday 10 May 2013

Is Digital Art Killing Traditional Art?

There's a question for you! Personally, I have never tried digital painting. I don't know anything about it really, but I am curious as I've seen so much fantastic work produced by those using it. That's something to try in the future. I do feel however, that digital photography  is  killing my traditional watercolour painting. I get so many ideas just now, my head is spinning! What I don't have is time to act on them all. I can produce a whole catalogue of new digital images in a day if I want. Not any old rubbish, but stunning works that would look great in any exhibition. My problem is, that I want to paint watercolours, but I can't possibly be as creative and productive as I can with digital imagery. I have ideas for paintings and all I do is write them down on a "to do" list. I sat down this morning and said to myself, right! now I am going to paint something. Then I see a beautiful rose which has flowered today, on the kitchen window sill. I'll just take a quick photo, I think. No such thing! My mind starts to wander and before I know it, I'm taking photos of other things and then experimenting with lighting and digital effects. Help! All this at the same time as I try to build up my following, attract buyers and look after three young girls. Anyway, I'm off to try again and this time I'm going to focus on painting and leave the camera alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment